Danielsville was once called Backman Tavern, then in 1855, Wales and subsequently Danielsville.
Prior to 1850, Danielsville was known as Bachman Tavern. In April of 1855, the Wales post office was established and the village was then known as Wales. The current name of Danielsville was established on June 7, 1855, in honor of Charles B. Daniels, a slate quarry owner and postmaster. Landmarks include the National Bank of Danielsville, organized in the early 1900's, which actually issued its own currency. The bank building later became the home of the Roosevelt Democratic Club and is still standing today. Two other landmarks are the Blue Ridge Traction Company where power was produced for the trolley line that may still be found in Danielsville, and Herman's Store, which is now the Filbert Bed and Breakfast. Edgemont Park, west of Danielsville, was a well known amusement park in the early half of the 1900's. The Blue Ridge Traction Company trolley lines went through the park area and connected with Slatington, PA.