Cherryville is in the center of Lehigh Township and was founded in 1804.
Cherryville, the center of Lehigh Township, was founded in 1804. It is home to several historic landmarks including the Cherryville Hotel, previously known as Betty Seidel's Shop, built in 1767. The Cherryville Post Office which opened on February 6, 1816, also contained a general store. The building was demolished in 2015, after standing empty for several years, to make way for a new Turkey Hill Market and Gas Station. Another site, Dieter's Foundry, which began as a blacksmithing operation in 1877, was located where a church now stands along Blue Mountain Drive. To the west of Cherryville is an area known as Indianland. Indianland was at one time known as Poplar Grove. The St. Paul's Schoolhouse, owned by St. Paul's UCC of Indianland, has been restored, by the Society, back to the days when it was used as a one-room schoolhouse. The little red brick schoolhouse was built in 1865. Grades 1 - 8 were taught there in one room. The Schoolhouse is open for visitors by appointment and on special occasions, and celebrated it's 150 year anniversary in 2015.