Berlinsville was once known as Lehighville and was later changed to honor it's resident Abraham Berlin III.
Berlinsville was once known as Lehighville. The name was changed to Berlinsville in honor of Abraham Berlin III. One more recent landmark in Berlinsville is Becky's Drive-In, which is a family owned drive-in theater started by William Beck in 1946. Another landmark, the Berlinsville Hotel was once a stagecoach stop, a farmhouse and a doctor's office. It was built in 1761 and is still in use today as a restaurant and tavern. A large rock on a property west of Berlinsville, known as Apps, (near Poplar Dr. and Hickory Rd.) was known as Council Rock which was used by Native Americans for meetings and ceremonial purposes. It is unknown what happened to the rock as it is no longer seen on the property. Perhaps it was broken up when the nearby roads were reconfigured when the Lehigh and New England Railroad bridge was removed.