The village of Treichlers was first called Kuntzford when David Kuntz established a mill there in 1794.
David Kuntz established a mill in 1794 and the village was called Kuntzford. When Henry Treichler became the owner of the Kuntz Mill, the village was known as Treichlers. In 1862, Jacob Mauser established a grain mill known as Mauser's Mill. It became one of the largest gristmills in the northeast. In the 1970's the business was sold and the name was changed to Conagra and it remained in operation until 2014. Because of the trade along the Lehigh Canal, a lock was built and railroads ran through the area. The first Treichlers bridge was a toll bridge, built in 1884, and was replaced by other bridges over the years. The present Treichlers Bridge on Route 145 was opened in November 1997 and is heavily used today.